FALL LIKE APPLES
APPLE ORCHARD CHICKEN
• 8oz. Boneless chicken breast, trimmed and cut into half’s
• ¼ Cup flour
• 4 tbsp butter
• ¼ cup cashews
• ¼ cup diced granny smith green apples
• 10 seedless grapes red or green
• ¼ cup Frangelico liqueur
- Cut chicken breasts in half put on cutting board and cover with saran wrap and pound out breasts to make thinner.
- Dredge chicken with flour
- Heat sauté (aka frying pan) on med high heat, let pan heat for one minute then add butter
- Once butter melted add chicken and let sauté for two minutes or until lightly browned. Then turn chicken over and brown other side
- Once chicken is turned also add all other ingredients EXCEPT liqueur and let cook two more minutes
- Remove the pan from the heat and add liqueur (be careful if you have gas the dish may ignite, but the flame will die out when the alcohol is burned off) cook another two minutes while also shaking pan from side to side mixing all in the pan
GRANDMA’S APPLE CRISP
• 10 cups Granny Smith apples peeled, cored and sliced
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 2 cup quick-cooking oats
• 2 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 cup packed brown sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 cup (2 sticks) Challenge Butter cubed while cold •
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare a 9x13 pan with baking spray or coating with butter.
- Place sliced apples in a bowl. Add brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Stir gently and make sure every piece of apple is covered in the sugar mixture. Set aside.
- Combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda together. Add in the cubed butter and use your hands to combine. You want the butter to be pea-sized and coated entirely. You should have 6 cups.
- Spread 3 cups over the bottom of your prepared pan and press flat. Pour the apple mixture over top and press down with rubber spatula. Pour remaining crisp mixture over top of the apples and bake uncovered at 375°F for 35-45 minutes.
VANILLA WHIPPED CREAM INGREDIENTS Jell-O vanilla pudding mix Whip cream or cool whip INSTRUCTIONS Make your favorite vanilla pudding and either home made whip cream with whipping cream or ready-made cool whip which ever you like best. Mix half vanilla pudding with half whip cream and ½ tsp vanilla extract and serve on warm crisp
APPLE PIE ON THE ROCKS
1oz. vanilla vodka
.05oz vanilla liqueur
1.5 oz favorite apple juice or cider
Apple thinly sliced for garnish
Fill rocks glass with ice, pinch of cinnamon on ice, mix with vodka and liqueur, mix and or shake, add apple cider or juice on top, garnish glass with apples