EPISODE 2 COOKING ON RUN "OUTSTANDING DRY-RUBBED BAKED CHICKEN WINGS" Tender, juicy baked chicken wings coated in a mouthwatering homemade dry rub that will have your taste buds singing! Pair it with a creamy gorgonzola dipping sauce and it's a party hit!
INGREDIENTS FOR RUB :
1/2 Tbsp ancho chile pepper
1/2 Tbsp smoked paprika (optional)
1/2 Tbsp onion powder
1/2 Tbsp kosher salt
3/4 Tbsp light brown sugar, packed
3/4 tsp chili powder
3/4 tsp paprika
3/4 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (less if you're worried about the heat level)
1/2 tsp dried mustard powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp dried ground thyme
4 lbs chicken wings, thawed completely if using a frozen bag (I like smaller ones because they get crispier faster and more overall 2 Tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Line a large baking sheet with 2 sheets of aluminum foil (or 1 heavy duty sheet). Top that with an oven safe cooling rack and spray it with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine all dry rub ingredients in a small mixing bowl, set aside. In a large mixing bowl, add chicken wings and vegetable oil. Use a rubber spatula to toss gently to coat.
- Sprinkle in about half to 2/3 of the dry rub mixture and use your hands to massage it into all of the chicken wings, coating evenly. Feel free to use all the dry rub. Its not important to use every drop of mixture
Add chicken wings to prepared baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes.
TO MAKE GORGONZOLA DIP :
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
1 clove garlic, grated
1/2 Tbsp cider vinegar
black pepper and kosher salt to taste (also optional)
To your food processor or blender, add everything except blue cheese and process until smooth. Add blue cheese last and just mix with spoon. Or
- just by your own favorite Blue cheese dressing in the market
- Transfer to serving bowl and stir in remaining gorgonzola cheese. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
CRISPY BAKED GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN WINGS
DESCRIPTION CRISPY GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN WINGS – baked instead of fried but these classic chicken wings are still as crispy and delicious as ever! The perfect party appetizer or game day treat!
• 2 lbs. of chicken (mixture of wings and drumettes)
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
• 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
• 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Add chicken to a large bowl. Pat chicken dry.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of sea salt, and 1 teaspoon of black pepper. Gently toss to coat all the chicken.
- Place chicken on a wire rack lined baking sheet. (if you don’t have a wire rack, use parchment paper)
- Bake for 40 minutes, flipping the chicken after 20 minutes.
- Turn the Broiler on to HIGH.
- Place chicken under broiler for 8-10 minutes, until browned.
- In the meantime, heat a medium sauce pan to medium heat. Add butter and 3 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan. Melt the butter down.
- Once butter is melted add the garlic to the pan. Let cook in the liquid for 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Next add in 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, & pepper to taste. Stir to combine. Let the sauce cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven. Place in a large bowl, pour the garlic parmesan sauce over the chicken wings. Using a pair of tongs, toss the wings to coat all of them with the sauce.
- Serve. Top the wings with an additional 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese.
- Optional: add chopped chives for garnish.
TOAST THE GOAT
YIELDS: 6 SERVINGS
1/2 c. pomegranate juice (PomPom)
1 c. silver tequila
1/2 c. orange liquor
1 bottle champagne (about 3 cups)
DIRECTIONS Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher and stir well. -Run lime wedges around the rim of each champagne flute (optional) dip the rims in coarse salt. Divide margaritas between flutes and garnish with lime wedges.
CRAFTY BLUE SALMON
1 salmon fillet (2 lb.), skin-on, centre-cut (makes about 4 servings, 8oz. each)
3/4 cup Beer (I prefer a dark or craft ale, use your favorite/sam boston larger is fine)
1 pkg. (250 g) blue cheese, cut into 1/4 inch slices or 1 cup blue or gorgonzola cheese
1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
1/4 cup chopped FRESH basil